Dr. Daniele Cantarella Orthodontic Office is specialized in maxillary expansion with Maxillary Skeletal Expander (MSE). MSE is a specific type of miniscrew-assisted rapid palatal expansion (MARPE) device, developed by Prof. Won Moon at the University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA), where Dr. Cantarella conducted extensive clinical training and research activity.
Cantarella Orthodontic Office provides the MSE therapy, with an effort to reduce the number of appointments for patients who travel from other regions of Europe.
The therapy includes:
- anamnesis, visit, physical examination of oral region and temporomandibular joint, analysis of breathing patterns
- when indicated, a 3D cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) radiographic examination is performed in office
- a digital planning of Maxillary Skeletal Expander (MSE) position is executed the same day on the CBCT through accurate 3D software that is present in-office
- visit for sleep related breathing problems and obstructive sleep apnea (OSAS) is conducted
- type of MSE, conventional or digital Cad-Cam with 6 or 8 miniscrews is decided on the same day, for non-surgical maxillary skeletal expansion
- if indicated, a minimally invasive surgery performed with piezoelectric instrument and sedation (MISMARPE) can be executed in office
- orthodontic treatment (occlusal correction and teeth alignment) can then be finalized with clear fixed brackets or with clear aligners
Where we are
Cantarella Orthodontic Office is located in Treviso, Venice area, and can be easily reached with several means of transportation:
- From Antonio Canova airport in Treviso: by taxi (5 min drive)
- From Marco Polo airport in Venice: by taxi (25 min drive) or by a free shuttle to Treviso Canova airport
- From Treviso train station: by taxi (5 min drive)
- By car: use the A27 highway, get out of highway at “Treviso Nord” exit and follow the route to the orthodontic office (5 min drive from highway exit)
Cantarella Orthodontic Office can provide a list of several nearby Hotels for patients who need to stay a few days in Treviso.
Dr. Daniele Cantarella, DDS, MS, PhD
Dr. Daniele Cantarella received the DDS degree from the University of Padova, the Specialization Certificate in Orthodontics from the University of Ferrara, the Advanced Clinical Training in Orthodontics and the Master of Science in Oral Biology at the University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA), where he worked for several years with Prof. Won Moon on miniscrew-assisted maxillary skeletal expansion. He then completed the Philosophy Doctorate (PhD) program at the University of Milan, where currently he is Visiting Professor. At the University of Milan he conducted a clinical study on innovative piezoelectric minimally invasive surgery procedures combined with MSE. He developed along with Prof. Moon a protocol for digital planning of MSE on patient CBCT and the methodology for Cad-Cam MSE with 6 or 8 miniscrews that nowadays are adopted worldwide.
Dr. Daniele Cantarella, receiving the European Federation of Orthodontics Award in Nuremberg in 2019 for the publication: “Changes in the midpalatal and pterygopalatine sutures induced by micro-implant-supported skeletal expander, analyzed with a novel 3D method based on CBCT imaging”.
Dr. Cantarella Orthodontic Office provides the most updated therapy for miniscrew-assisted maxillary skeletal expansion.
List of publications of Dr. Daniele Cantarella on the subject
Cantarella D, Karanxha L, Zanata P, Moschik C, Torres A, Savio G, Del Fabbro M, Moon W.
Med Devices Evid Res. 2021;14:1-13
Cantarella D, Savio G, Grigolato L, Zanata P, Berveglieri C, Lo Giudice A, Isola G, Del Fabbro M, Moon W.
Med Devices Evid Res. 2020;13:93-106
Cantarella D, Dominguez-Mompell R, Moschik C, Sfogliano L, Elkenawy I, Pan HC, Mallya SM, Moon W.
Prog Orthod. 2018 Oct 22;19(1):41.
Cantarella D, Dominguez-Mompell R, Moschik C, Mallya SM, Pan HC, Alkahtani MR, Elkenawy I, Moon W.
Am J Orthod Dentofac Orthop. 2018;154(3):337–45
Cantarella D, Dominguez-Mompell R, Mallya SM, Moschik C, Pan HC, Miller J, Moon W.
Prog Orthod. 2017;18(1):34
Thesis, Master of Science in Oral Biology, University of California, Los Angles (UCLA), 2017.