Dr. Daniele Cantarella Orthodontic Office is specialized in maxillary expansion with Maxillary Skeletal Expander (MSE). MSE is a specific type of miniscrew-assisted rapid palatal expansion (MARPE) device, developed by Prof. Won Moon at the University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA), where Dr. Cantarella conducted extensive clinical training and research activity.
Cantarella Orthodontic Office provides the MSE therapy, with an effort to reduce the number of appointments for patients who travel from other regions of Europe.
The therapy includes:
- anamnesis, visit, physical examination of oral region and temporomandibular joint, analysis of breathing patterns
- visit for sleep related breathing problems and obstructive sleep apnea (OSAS) is conducted
- when indicated, a 3D cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) radiographic examination is performed in office
- a digital planning of Maxillary Skeletal Expander (MSE) position is executed the same day on the CBCT through accurate 3D software that is present in-office
- type of MSE, conventional or digital Cad-Cam with 6 or 8 miniscrews is decided on the same day, for non-surgical maxillary skeletal expansion
- if indicated, a minimally invasive surgery performed with piezoelectric instrument and sedation (MISMARPE) can be executed in office
- orthodontic treatment (occlusal correction and teeth alignment) is then finalized with clear fixed brackets or with clear aligners
Dr. Cantarella Orthodontic Office provides the most updated therapy for miniscrew-assisted maxillary skeletal expansion with MSE.